Keith, I am also in pool 2 this year. Through a screw up due to one of our party missing the change in application date we are uncertain about getting an adult tag.

Since I drew a tag last year I did not want to draw a tag by accident in one of the secondary pools so I asked for unit 99Z. Tonight I was rereading the regulations and for the first time noted that they say persons who are in Pool 1 can ensure they remain there by using unit 99Z. A closer reading is not specific about what happens to an applicant who is in pool 2 and who uses this designation. I then phoned in on the automated line and was advised I had not been in the draw. This is what I expected but now am concerned I may remain in pool 2 in 2010.

Will have to wait until Tuesday (due to the Civic Holiday on Monday) to get clarification from the MNR on my situation.

Without an adult tag at least 2 of our party probably do not want to go on a hunt. This is understandable since a cow and calf we got two years ago are the first of each we have seen in hunting season in the last 20 years. We hunt the lakes and do not go near public access cut over areas.

The automated line was so busy this morning I guess the other members of our party couldn't get through to see how they did. Anyway as yet I haven't heard from them.

Have to wait a little longer I guess to see how we have made out.

Jim