Originally Posted by Wolfkill

The majority of hunters want the same in Colorado, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, California, and Alaska.......

But then, the majority of today's muzzlelaoding hunters in the states just listed are sick and tired of being required to use open sights that a large percentage cannot see well enough to use....

First question is, how do you know what the majority of hunters in all these states want? Do you have any polling data to support your claims? If, so, let's see your data, or at least a reference where we can look it up.

If not, you should quit claiming to know what the majority want.

If you do have these data, my answer is still "so what." Opinion polls don't tell you what's best for the sport, or for the country for that matter. I suppose you believe that since Barack Obama won the election, he's by definition the right choice, the best man for the job?

How do you respond to that? I guess I'll wait another good while for your repsonse, you still haven't responded to my earlier question; I'll post it again so you don't miss it this time:

Originally Posted by smokepole
Come to think of it, what do you have to say about the fact that no one who needs to use a scope to hunt in Colorado is prevented from doing so? What's your response to that? I'll wait on that one a while, I'm sure.

Anyway, opinion polls mean nothing in terms of what's best for the state, the resource, and hunters; if you polled hunters in Colorado and asked them whether they thought they should be able to easily draw a bull tag in GMU 201, the overwhelming majority would say "yes." And if they got their way, unit 201 would go down the tubes as a trophy unit.

I can guarantee all of you, no matter what side of the fence you're on, this thing is going to get a heck of a lot more exciting than the next season of Survivor.

Very apt analogy since "Survivor" is mindless claptrap, yet wildly popular--to use your own reasoning, "it's what people want, so it must be the right answer."

Smokepole...Captchee...when does the money begin to roll in? A few stuck in the muck hardheads like you keep claiming how rich I'm getting off all of this...but I sure heaven't seen any change in my bottom line.

Let's see, you're on a self-described crusade to fight for a "right" (look up the definition of the word, use of telescopic sights during the early ML seasons doesn't quite make the cut like free speech and assembly), and it's a "right" that people already have, as far as using scopes on muzzleloaders in Colorado. And we're the "hardheads?"

Also, I never claimed you were getting rich off this--maybe you're just not that good at what you do?

Anyway, I'm going to Canada for a few days and then fishing with my son this weekend. I'll catch up with you guys later.

A wise man is frequently humbled.