True, those were sold fresh off the mill at that price. They still needed finish sanding, polishing and blueing. They haven't been avalible for over two years. I tried to get one.

Many said they wanted a finished product so that's what I spec'ed and yes that adds to the price. If everybody wanted one in the "white" I could come a little closer to the price you want to pay. The problem that is it adds too much confusion to the project. I want all of them just alike and if the buyer wants something different he can do that after he receives it. Yes, I did take offence to what you said. I've done the leg work and I'll be investing a large chunk of cash (about $3300.00) in this. I've also consumed a lot of the builders time. It's kind of easy to snipe from an arm chair and I didn't appreciate it. You made stipulations about a deposit that I never asked for. You seem to want to justify the price of the triggerguard by what you paid for the rifle and what an unfinshed one cost several years ago. Why should the guy building these lower his hourly rate because you didn't spend much on your rifle? I promise you he won't.

I can understand that some don't want to buy a nice triggerguard for a cheap rifle. But please understand that many of us see it as we own a nice rifle with a cheap triggerguard and would like to upgrade one of the only cheap parts on the rifle.

The time for complaining about the price is over with. I did the best I could and this is what I came up with. I was the only one who has tried to take this from an unobtainable part to a reality. All I ask is that you don't crap on this thread because you don't like the price. I've done the best I can. If I ordered a 100 units I'm sure the price would have come down significantly, but consider this, it would have taken at least a $10,000.00 investment on my part. My pockets just aren't that deep and I'm not sure I could sell that many. Could you?

No hard feelings, I hope you can see my point of view on this. Thanks for your input on the shape.

Terry