When Sako started chambering the 7.82 Warbird in the TRG-S I knew that was the rifle for me, but couldn't find one in Alaska, so I bought the next best thing a Remington 300 Ultra Mag, dumped a couple real nice bull moose and a bunch of Sitka Blacktails in Kodiak, the Rum worked just fine but I dreamed of the Warbird and 3500 FPS with 180's.

By chance I ran into Ken (from Wild West Guns) in Anchorage, Alaska. He announced that they were official distributors of Sako Warbirds and Lazzeroni ammo, brass and dies, my 300 Rum was quickly replaced and a good number of Alaska game was taken over the years with the Warbird using 180 grn. Swift A-Frames @ 3470 fps.

Lately I've been playing around with the Accubonds and have reached the goal of 3520 FPS with 180's and less than 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards, I've got the 200 grn. Accubonds speeding slightly over 3300 FPS with similar accuracy. I'll be using the Warbird and the 200's on sheep and all other game this fall.

The problem with the Lazzeroni's is a lot of folks never give them a chance and dump on 'em without ever shooting them or much less ever holding a round in their grubby paws.

My brother bought one also after witnessing the phenomenal accuracy and velocity that the Sako Warbird was capable of,
between the two rifles we've shot far more 1/2 MOA (and less) groups compared to all our other rifles over many years of reloading and shooting, most people I know are avid hunters and shooters who still cannot shoot a single 1/2 MOA group in a lifetime of shooting with a variety of rifles and calibers.

People fret about the "monstrous" recoil the Warbird generates! Huh ?? What recoil!! My little brother is 24 yrs. old weight a few ozs. over 100 lbs., 5 ft. 0 inches "short" ( brain tumor as a child stunted his growth)he routinely dumps bull moose and blacktail deer out past 400 yards every year, before the Warbird he hunted with an 8mm Mag beginning in his early teens. (As have I)
I still cannot understand what all this "recoil" garbage is, Constantly spewed all over the hunting forums with some guys claiming that a 7mm Mag is a real kicker. I've been loading my Dads, other brother and friends 7mm's for many years working up loads based on high velocity and best accuracy with premium bullets, I still have yet to feel any kick from the 7's..

Okay, okay back to the topic of Lazzeroni stuff,

Brass and ammo is extremely expensive compared to the "junk" floating around (WSM's, SAUM's).

That's cool with me, 'cause I prefer to be one of the few who
packs a round totally different from the other hunters in the field or at the shooting range.

Word is John Lazzeroni is developing an all new and faster 30 Cal. round, guess I'll be upgrading soon as it's available.

Oh yeah!, one more thing....
If anyone is considering the Warbird, get it now.... the accuracy and velocity will simply astound you, you'll never go back to those miniature 30 Cals. again. I know I won't trade my Ferrari in for a Yugo..

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".