Originally Posted by Redneck
Quick question: what does cigarettes have to do with the bogus global warming?
the energy industry is utilizing the same 'discounting" strategy that the tobacco companies did back then. they hire so called experts to confuse the science and the public.

Just wondering if you remember some of these same 'scientists' issuing dire warnings of global cooling back in the mid-seventies?
Yeah, I remember. Turns out they were right about the wrong thing. It seems now that what was happening was global shading from particulates (from air pollution) that decreased the amount of sunlight reaching the surface, and slowed the evaporation rates scientists were monitoring. this masked the early effects of warming.

What about the dire warnings of acid rain? What about the dire warnings of ebola? What about the dire warnings of bird flu?
What about acid rain? didn't you see what happened in the northeast and in Europe?

I don't recall panicky warnings about ebola, just some news headlines,a 60-minutes segment, and some sci-fi movies. Bird flu? Dunno, the wardens have checked my limit of ducks a few times. apparently they flew the other way, or the chinese turned them into wontons.

If you ax me, an awful lot of 'scientists' seem to be plenty wrong.. But you believe the GW 'crisis' now??
That's what science does. It tries to make sense of observations and explain the phenomena, but very often they find they've made a mistake and then improve their understanding accordingly. Science isn't always right, but it always strives to be right and isn't afraid to correct itself in order to be more accurate.

To not believe in science, is to believe in magic. Now that's laughable.

Last edited by Dudejcb; 10/22/09.

the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean...