I just got QuickLOAD v. 3.5 primarily to help me work on my .338 Federal. Another member claimed I was about to blow myself up with the loads I was using so I figured this was the next best thing to a pressure barrel.

After messing around with the software awhile it seems it doesn't account for the Barnes .338 TSX/TTSX bullets very well. For instance when you select the old .338 210gr "x" bullet and compare it to the new 210 gr TSX bullet - it actually shows the old "x" bullet generating less pressure. Now thats not right! We know the old "x" bullets are known to generate relatively high pressures - and the new TSX bullets are very comparible a conventional bullet - in terms of pressure levels.

Anyone else run into this - did you "fix" it - how? Starting pressures didn't seem to do much - any other suggestions?

Also the burn rate data on Accurate/Ramshot powders seems to be way off as well, compounding my problems. At least in the 2230, 2460, and TAC powders. For instance: If you run the max Barnes (www.barnesbullets.com) .338 Fed load for the 210gr TSX/TTSX and 46.0 gr of 2230 in a 24" bbl - you get 85K PSI!!!!! Now thats not right either!!! I have to assume that Barnes' Weisman test barrel is about as SAAMI spec as you get - so this should be as good of a comparison as there is. Still my pet load with the 210 gr and 48gr of 2460 "appears" safe in my gun - but in QuickLOAD it generates 87K PSI!!!!! So I have come to the conclusion that I am either as safe or as dangerous as the published Barnes data - but I would still like QuickLOAD to spit out data thats closer to reality.

I have measured and adjusted case capacity, bore area, and I am waiting on an L-N-L case I am having modified from Hornady to work on the chamber dimensions for my gun. BUT none of these mods are going to help the problems I am seeing test bbl vs. QuickLOAD.

Any help out there????

"Do you want it "Right", or "Right now"? - always a good question.