Hi Salmotrutta,

I just checked your findings about .338 Fed., and for the Accurate(brochure 3.3) data Quickload is on par with what they publish in pressure and velocity.

Btw. the 210gr TSX shows lower pressure than the 210gr X bullet.

If you want to test some cartridges, try Accurate/Ramshot Lab. I am not sure they are still doing some testing, but anyway contact their ballistician.

Bullet manufacturers will sell their bullets. They almost do not know what is in the powder canister they used for testing. Is the powder used for creating a load for the loading manual on the fast side or slow side of the tolerance band?

That is something a powder manufacturer is knowing and therefore I would trust loading data from powder manufacturers.
But things have changed. Some manuals even publish loads touching the maximum average pressure set by SAAMI or CIP.

This will not work in real world. Because the statistics will show if you put that max. load in a sample of 20 cartridges a great amount of them violates safe conditions.

Meanwhile it seems that Barnes has fixed the resistance of the bullet engaging the rifling as it was intended with the TSX grooves. So you may lower for TSX/TTSX the shot start pressure to 200bars/2900 psi. TTSX are significantly longer and cause higher pressures than same mass TSX. Because there may are a lot of older TSX boxes on handloaders benches, I leaved a somewhat higher start pressure for the TSX. Thats also true for some other brands of monolithique bullets.

Hartmut

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." Bertrand Russell