Just some more facts....So far I still think there is something wrong with Barnes AA2230 data in Manual #4 for the .338 Fed. Ty didn't add anything I didn't already know. Still waiting for a response from Barnes about the actual .338 Fed pressure tests.

When you run the AA2230 data on Accurate's website for the .338 Fed - QuickLOAD matched it almost exactly. So that means that the test barrel model and the AA2230 powder data in QuickLOAD is pretty spot on. So the AA2230 burn rate, energy curve, etc. just like what Accurate considers AA2230.

When you run the 185 TSX Barnes data for 43.0gr of I4189 in QuickLOAD in a standard 24" bbl you get 54,644 psi and 2580fps.
Now Barnes Manual #4 doesn't list pressures but it does list a MV of 2572fps. Not only is that "safe" but also dead on. So the barrel Barnes used also seems to match QuickLOAD, and the bullet data in QL must be pretty close as well.

So I am having trouble believing that there is something wrong with QuickLOAD (regardless of the computer I run it on). Therefore I am left wondering if...

Did the test powder sent to Barnes as AA2230 - actually match the canister powder? Or was there some mixup along the way. Things happen - just trying to figure out what. Seems like a likely possibility.

BTW - I am also sick of hearing this Barnes bullets don't open up. Seems to me the TSX's open up as well as any other "tough" bullet - and the tipped bullets might actually open at lower velocities than the competition.

I bought my .338Fed Kimber 84M Montana for the same reason as you - 90%+ of all the animals I've killed were well within 300yds. When the elk around here smell hunting season - they ain't hangn' out in those pretty meadows. If I knew - or thought I really was going to be shooting over 300yds I'd take my "other" gun. But - I'd still like to get 400yds or so out of my 84M - just in case....

"Do you want it "Right", or "Right now"? - always a good question.