I do. By some quirk of fate the factory BDL stock fits me like it was custom made. Won't claim that late 60's styling is the prettiest thing around but it doesn't bother me either.

The relatively closed grip is more conducive to proper trigger control and the slightly flared grip also gives good purchase and helps pull the rifle in. The 22" barrel (on .473" chamberings) balances well. They are heavier than a comparable synthetic stock model, but scoped with Leupold DD's they only run from 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 pounds, a lot better than an 8 1/2 pound Model 70. The shiny finish turns some folks off but that bowling pin stuff is definitely durable.

Mostly because of the fit they are still my favorite out of the box factory rifle - that and the left handed ones are easy to find. Even going custom I've had more McMillan BDL's than any of their other designs.

I like the shape so much I took a left hand Model 70 wooden stock and used bondo and sandpaper to give it a pistol grip identical to a BDL. Took the McMillan Super Grade stocks off of my two Custom Shop Winchesters and had McMillan custom inlet two BDL stocks to them.

Guess I like that design... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!