I like the Lefty BDLs better than the CDL. For one thing...a price of $700 for a CDL turns me off cuz the BDL will do the same thang as a CDL and cheaper. grin

Reason for liking the BDL is the wider forend, just fits my hand better. The CDLs have a narrower forend which does not seem to fit me all that well but if it was given to me I betcha I could make it work cool

I also like the 22" barrel on the standard calibers. I do not think you gain that much fps on a longer barrel and for the area I hunt hardly anything can be seen outside 200/300 yards.

I do not like the sights on a rifle on the BDL cuz I always mount scopes on my rifle. But fillers will plug up the holes.

The gloss blue on BDL's remind me of older rifles/shotguns and they work for me. I have one LH CDL .243 and the satin black metalwork is ok with me too.

All in all I like the BDL better but know many people like the CDL for its anthestics. What ever rocks your boat and makes you happy is the one you should want as your oar smile