Hi, I have a Remington 700 Adl 7mm mag with 26 inch barrel. I really like the rifle as it is a less than 3 inch shooter at 300 yds. But it is godawfull heavy . I have a Leupold 6 power with a leupold dot reticle mounted in Leupold dual dovetail mounts with a Quake claw sling .I figure the rifle so set up weighs about 9 1/2 pounds give or take a couple of ounces. I would like a lighter weight rifle in 7mm rem mag caliber. Does any one know of a rifle that would weigh less than this one in that caliber ? I like the caliber because i can find the Blue box federal for less than $20.00 at our local wally worls .or can but premium ammo for $35.00 at the same place. The catridge kills deer great and has a considerably flatter pointblank range than 30-06 270 etc. in fact the catridge even with the blue box federals still outruns the 270 with premium ammo. anyway bottom line is I like the catridge but just want a considerably lighter rifle. say a pound or so lighter. I have even thought about changing the scope mounts, scope ,sling etc in an effort to reduce the weight . which would be the better route get a different rifle in same caliber or change some things around on the present rifle?not in a big hurry as our next deer season is about a year away just something to talk about and contemplate. Thanks,Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money