In all honesty I've learned so much about rifles, gunsmithing, reloading, bullets, optics, etc., etc. from reading here and the rest of the internet that it has become imposible to have a resonable discussion about these things with the friends that I hunt with. They all think I'm some kind of uber looney.

None of the guys I hunt with spend any time on the internet. They all suffer from magnumitis, like large and powerful scopes and shoot whatever factory ammo is on sale at wally world. When were at camp sitting around the fire and the topic of rifles, shooting, etc. comes up, I chime in with a few comments and they all give me a confused or blank stare and I realize that they haven't got the foggiest idea of what I'm talking about. I learned to just sit back, listen to all the banter, enjoy my beverage and just keep my pie hole shut.

The good part of what I've learned here has helped me to turn my father's 30-06 FN mauser, that he bought new in 1955, from a rifle that shot factory ammo in 2 to 4 inch patterns into a true sub moa tackdrver. It was the first centerfire rifle I ever shot and I intend on it being the last. He passed away over 30 years ago and every time I hunt with or shoot his rifle it brings back nothing but good memories.

The wealth of information here is truely priceless.

fish head