I have a Winchester Model 670 bolt action .30-06 that I have "inheretid" and I have a couple of questions that I hope some one can help me with.

First off the person that I got it from had nothing really to do with me and I did not know them well. The just gave it to me. So I know nothing about this particular rifle itself and it has no sentimental value to me. However it is in pretty good shape and there are things that I like about it A LOT!

So what I like is that it came to me wearing a gorgeous blonde stock which from my research is kind of rare or not normal. Also it does not seem to be refinished. The second thing that I like is that the trigger feels SUPER nice.

Now the thing that I don't like is that someone removed the bluing from the barrel, just the barrel, and this has caused some pitting. The bore is like new even though the outside of the barrel is pitted and shows NO rust. I thought of rebluing but I don't really feel like doing the work for something that I'm not going to use.

SO.... what I really want to find out is if this rifle's parts are all interchangable with a model 70? I would like to find a .25-06 barrel to put on this rifle or perhaps some other interesting caliber. I have 3 .30-06 rifles now without this one and I would rather make it into some thing that I like than sell it and buy something different. I don't want to ream the bore bigger either since I already have a .300 win mag and a .35 whelen. Guess I could go .338-06 but I'm not that interested. My long action caliber choices would be .25-06, 6.5-06, or .264 win mag but I don't know if the last is possible with this rifle. Can't shrink the bore so I guess that means NEW BARREL TIME.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!