Originally Posted by saddlesore
I bet you cold buya used barrel from Gunparts,unscrew the old one and screw the used one on and tthe headspace would be OK. Just have it checked. A smith shouldn't charge you more than $15 or so to check the head space

I would also have the gunsmith do the removal and installation of the new barrel as well. He'll at least have the proper tools for the job and the new barrel and action won't get all scratched up. I'm thinking though that a barrel in .270 Win. might be easier to find used than one in 25-06. FWIW, every .270 I own (4) are very accurate with three being sub-MOA. The Ruger #1A is a 1.25" gun. I've had .270s for years. IIRC, I got my first one around 1973 but used it very little. Since then, I've acquired two commercial FN Mausers and a push feed M70 with the Featherweight style McMillan stock that has been so accurate that it's scary. Like .50" with either factory or handloaded ammo and sometime a lot less that that when I'm having a better than average day at the range.
Of course, you can always use that 670 as a truck gun. Seems to me the price was right. wink
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE