I do enjoy the 9.3x62. A recent project was completed, using an older BRNO action with integral bases. 20 inch Douglas barrel, NECG iron sights, barrel sling swivel and 3-position safety, as well as a decelerator buttpad. Refinished the stock and checkered, add in a Timney trigger. With Murry sling, QD rings and an old Leupold 3x scope, weighs in at 8 � pounds.
All in all, this rifle carries both on shoulder and saddle scabbard very well, with excellent balance and shoot ability, both with scope and with iron sights.
Hunting load has been a 250 gr Barnes TSX, exiting at about 2400 and change. I have been using H4895 powder, but will try out some RL15 and Varget when time and weather allows. Recoil feels similar to several of my 30-06�s and 338-06, and I find it very manageable.
I have used the rifle to take a couple antelope, several whitetail does, a black bear and one very unlucky coyote. I will be carrying this rifle on an upcoming interior grizzly hunt. So far, a fun rifle and cartridge, and well worth the time and expense. Splitting hairs with the 338-06, but that is another topic!