Hogghead.

If those 10 folks actually knew anything about the origional 1885 actions and how much different the Brownings are inside in terms of their design compared to the orgionals, a LOT less of them may choose the Browning than you think.

People also buy guns for the DESIGN and the way it works not just exterior looks.

I have never seen a Uberti with bad wood to metal fit- ever.Some are better than others but I have never seen one that I considered bad.Most of the ones I have owned and seen have the wood fitted so snug you could not even see any gaps -period. They are darn sure fitted every bit as well as any Browning.

Also, the modern Brownings have a LOT simpler inletting pattern. The Ubertis have the ORGIONAL style knuckle shaped receiver head.

I build stocks for a living. I have made patterns and milled stocks for both styles for 20 years now. The Brownings are a LOT easier to fit a stock to than an orgional 1885 design like the Uberti. Lots of folks also do not like the "Bar Ditch" free floating gap on the Browning forends, either.

The Cyanide "case colors" on the Browning are just a finish, it is not real case coloring. The Uberti finish is real.The fake Cyanide crap on some of the Brownings looks as cheap to most folks as the cherry red stained European walnut on the Ubertis ever could..

Like you said, to each his own.

Last edited by jim62; 02/09/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt