It sounds to me like you really know what you are talking about. No doubt, and for that you have my respect. However I believe my comments were more to the regards of "hunting with an ugly rifle". I have looked at and handled several Uberti rifles. And so far they have been "ugly rifles". This is just my opinion. But I am spending my money.

I do appreciate what you say about the internal differences of the rifle. And I also do believe what you say. However very few people will ever know, or even care about those differences.

My main comment concerns the wood, and the finish on the wood. And IMO they use as plain of a grade of wood as they can find, and again IMO the finish is second rate. As I stated above I believe Uberti makes a fine weapon(functionally). However for the prices they charge I believe they should spend a little time and effort on the aesthetics. Just my opinion.

If I offended you then please accept my apology. ButI thought opinions are what forums are about?? My Browning 1885's, 1886's, and B-78's are all good shooters and have preformed well for me over the years. And I would buy a Uberti if they would just upgrade the wood. Tom.

West By God Virginia