The bunny boots I'm familiar with are two layers of waterproof rubber, with wool between them. The come in black or white versions. The white version has a lower temp comfort rating.
It's not uncommon for your feet to sweat while wearing them, but they are extremely warm. Even in wet snow. Probably too warm, for most activities....
We knew only the black version in the 1950s and called 'em "Mickey Mouse boots" for obvious reasons. (I thought they were water-proof rubber with foam between the inner and outer layers.)

The white Arctic-issue boots of old were, as I've described 'em already, white felt. I threw my Mickey Mouse boots away after one elk hunt here in western Montana � they'd collected enough foot sweat to measure with a measuring cup when I wrung-out my socks. Meanwhile, my feet were cold if I wasn't moving enough to keep 'em warm. Then they sweated, and the impervious rubber held-in all that moisture.

The felt bunny boots and white-canvas military mukluks no longer keep your feet warm when they get soaked. As long as they're dry, they're great. Wet, they're like sponges.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.