BRH: A point that nobody seems to have mentioned in this thread is that most of the Sako AI rifles in 6PPC (maybe all of them?) have a rifling twist of 1 turn in 14 inches. I have heard rumours that some had a 1 in 12 twist, but all the first-hand reports I have seen say 1 in 14. Mine (a heavy-barrelled, single shot model) certainly has 1 in 14, and so do those belonging to a few people I have shot alongside.

The 1 in 14 twist is perfect for 65 to 70 grain bullets, but with anything heavier, it is decidedly �iffy�. I once tried some long-snouted 75gr hollow pointed bullets in mine, and got lousy groups, with some of the bullet holes in the paper being a definite oval shape � a clear indication of instability. Blunter, shorter 75gr bullets MAY have stabilised, but I don�t know for certain as I have never tried them. An acquaintance of mine tried some 85gr spitzer bullets in his, and reckoned they went through the target sideways-on. Those that hit the paper, anyway � some of them didn�t even do that!

So � if you buy this rifle (I�d buy it in a flash if I had the chance!) check the twist rate before you start loading ammo for it, or you may get an unpleasant surprise.