I have probably the oldest 6mm PPC available. It was given to a writer friend of mine for testing by none other than Louis Palmisano, one of the P's in the PPC name. I got it when he was needing money for another project. The serial number is 20.

The provenance alone is enough to keep this gun, but when you shoot it, you really know what this caliber is all about. It is about accuracy and nothing more. It isn't made for deer hunting, varminting or anything else, just one hole groups. It will do that.

If you want to shoot deer with it, there are bullets that will work, but trying to make a hunting rifle out of a bench gun seems silly.

I have been shooting Hornady 75 grain hollow points with exceptional accuracy. I don't care what the velocity is, (although with 322 powder I believe it is about 2900 fps) all I know is that it is going to hit where I have the 1/4 minute dot pointed. It does work as a great varmint round as well.

If you want a one hole gun, buy it, if you want a deer and varmint rifle get a .243.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]