I have one in 30-06, weight 7.6 lbs with a 3x- 9x Leupold and Talley lightweight rings (that combine the mount). As is obvious, it was less than 7 lbs out of the box. Compared to my mountain rifle (also a walnut stock), it's stock seems unusually light. I think it just happens to be low density or very dry wood.

Mine shoots great, and particularly likes Winchester XP3s 180 grain and the Federal plastic tipped trophy bonded loads, but has shot everything I put through it acceptably (as in 2.0 " or better). The ammo it likes goes into less than an inch.

The four things I really like are 1) the barrel does not copper foul and cleans up very easily; 2) it cools fast between strings; 3) the balance; and 4) the trigger, which I was able to adjust below 3 lbs easily without incident, using the recommended safety checks, etc. I also like the way it looks, stainless on wood, and I like the feel of the stock. It has more drop at the heel than mountain rifles do, but I actually prefer that since the stock doesn't knock my hearing protection askew, and with the kick of 180s, the drop seems to work out better.

I'm happy and it's my go to hunting rifle.