Originally Posted by PeaEye
I have one in 30-06, weight 7.6 lbs with a 3x- 9x Leupold and Talley lightweight rings (that combine the mount). As is obvious, it was less than 7 lbs out of the box.

The four things I really like are 1) the barrel does not copper foul and cleans up very easily; 2) it cools fast between strings; 3) the balance; and 4) the trigger, which I was able to adjust below 3 lbs easily without incident, using the recommended safety checks, etc. I also like the way it looks, stainless on wood, and I like the feel of the stock. It has more drop at the heel than mountain rifles do, but I actually prefer that since the stock doesn't knock my hearing protection askew, and with the kick of 180s, the drop seems to work out better.

I agree with this post. But unfortunately, my dad's gun had several problems. . .

After a removing the pressure point and return to Remington to make both lugs bear equally, my dad's in .30-06 shoots sub MOA. Remington made it right, but it took about 6 weeks of fiddling around to get it to where it needed to be.

I really like these guns. They are light and well-balanced. I just wish for my dad's sake it didn't require the effort that it did to make it shoot.