Originally Posted by TC1
I personally still don't consider a CZ 550 a mauser though wink There isn't a single part on either one that's interchangable without a lathe or mill.

One thing I would like to add to what you said about the Zastavia actions. While I agree whole hartedly with your commnets on quality. The actions do clean up very nicely and are decent actions for custom builds.

Terry, I quite agree on the above quote. That said, however, I do consider the CZ action a Mauser DERIVATIVE the same as I consider the M-70 (I believe one would normally think of the M-70 as an imporved M-54), 1903 Sprg, and the Husqvarna. smile Even tho' parts don't interchange for the most part... One can definitely see the influence on the design. If I'm not mistaken, the US govermment paid royalities to Mauser for the design of the 1903. Likely by the time the Husky action came along, the patents had expired.

Edw

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"