Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Junior1942
I wouldn't buy it at 10�. There are no two major oil companies with enough combined cash to cover the cleanup & loss-of-income costs. Half of the Louisiana people living south of Alexandria have lost either partial or their total income due to BP's greed. I suspect BP is already talking to bankruptcy attorneys.
Exxon-Mobil & others are probably also talking to attorneys--about their liability if they buy BP's bankrupt assets.

Where in h*ll did you get that info????????
Common sense. First, unless you live here you can't imagine how many people make part or all of their income from the seafood and beach industry. It's far from just the guys on the shrimp boats. For example, there's hundreds of people who make their living by buying shrimp directly at the docks and selling it roadside throughout Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi or door to door. God only knows how many ice plants have or will shut down. Motels, restaurants, on and on the list goes.... One loss causes another loss seemingly not connected to seafood or beaches.

Second, I believe BP almost went bankrupt about five years ago. Even if that's not true, they're not stupid today.

Re: BP greed which someone jumped me about. I suspect this fiasco will eventually be blamed on BP officials not willing to hit the panic button and close off the well because they would have lost 5,000 ft of 21" casing and the 5,000 ft of wet concrete it contained.