Just a few years ago my Dad lucked out after applying for a very long time in Montana and drew a sheep tag.

I showed up in Montana about a week before we planned on hunting. Dad came down with a hell of a cold and so I decided to scout while he recovered. I looked over a lot of rams in 5 days of scouting. I took quite a bit of video and also took a lot of pictures. Dad and my Brother showed up to hunt, but Dad was still not feeling that well. We looked around the unit the first day and Dad really had a great time just looking the rams over. We never even took his rifle out of the case that day.

Toward evening we saw a group of rams that I'd photographed a couple days prior. Dad recognized the one ram as one that he'd said he liked the best out of the pictures I took. So, we decided to make a run at those rams the next morning.

Heres some pictures I took while scouting:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Heres the ram that my Dad liked the looks of out of all the rams I found while scouting:

[Linked Image]

The next morning my Brother, Dad, and I took off. It was pretty obvious right away that Dad was still fighting that damn cold. But, we just kept a slow, but steady pace and found ourselves at the top of the drainage where the group of rams had been living the previous several days. I spotted the rams right away...just as a snow squall started. We moved up the ridge as close as we dared and waited. When the snow stopped the best 2 rams in the bunch seperated out from the rest. We got within about 80 yards of the two rams and Dad was getting a little edgy. I calmed him down and told him to take his time and shoot the one in the front. Dad took his time and at the crack of his pre-64 the ram dropped and slid into the bottom.

Turned out being a real nice ram...even though it doesnt make a bit of difference, his ram ended up scoring 183 and change net.

Wont ever forget that hunt either...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/buzzandpat/newpictures/websize/IMG_0744.JPG[/img]