pinotguy,

The partition is generally farther forward in heavier/fatter Nosler Partitions than in lighter ones. I would hestitate to list exactly which bullets feature this, because Nosler (like many bullets companies) is constantly tweaking its bullets.

The reason they do this is that these bullets are normally used on heavier animals, while the smaller Partitions are more often used on deer. Many people firmly believe that ALL Nosler Partitions will retain about 2/3 of their weight, but this is only true of the smaller bullets, say from .30 caliber on down.

The heavier ones often have the partition moved far enough forward so that the bullet retains 85-95% of its weight, with an average of around 90%. Or at least that's the average for the bullets I've recovered from game. These recovered bullets include the 225-grain .338, 286-grain 9.3mm, 300-grain .375 and 400-grain .416. In addition, the rear jacket is usually beefed up somewhat in these same bullets.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck