Can only relate my own experience with Remington 700 FS (fiberglass stock) rifles. This is a standard M700 with 22� sporter contour barrel in a Brown Precision stock. The rifle with a Leupold 4X scope and Talley lightweight mounts comes to 6 lbs 15 oz unloaded. Same standard M700 barreled action in a McMillan Edge would probably be within an ounce of that weight. If you wanted to get fancy and put a mountain rifle contour barrel on it that would take off another few ounces. Of course, those are both $450 to $500 options to add the stock.

But used FS models show up occasionally on gunbroker for about the price of an Edge stock by itself.

Another relatively inexpensive option if you are not wedded to the .30-06 is to get one of the Gander Mountain or Cabelas special runs in .308. These mate a mountain rifle barreled action to an original Ti stock from Bell & Carlson. The GM is a stainless model while the Cabelas is matte blued. I have a Cabelas model and with a Leupold 4X scope in Talley�s (hmm, sensing a pattern here wink ) it weighs 6 lbs 8 ounces unloaded. A bit harder to find but mine was right around $500 brand new.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!