I have a original 700 ti in 308 and if I were going to go for a LW 30.06 I would wait to handle one of the new kimber Montanas,

If you haven't shot a light rifle before you might want to borrow one for a range session before you spring for one.

I can shoot my Ti about as good as anything from the bench or prone supported, but its no where close to a 7.5lb rifle offhand. Could I practice myself to the same level of skill, maybe, maybe not

Does this matter? depends on your ability to shoot a 6lb rifle from the field positions you use. Around home I shoot a good number of deer on the ground off hand and while carrying my Ti felt good it just wasn't as effective in my hands as a rifle weighing a pound or so more.

If I hunted in more open terrain where more(most) shots would have a rest than I would be tempted to take the Ti.

Just a thought.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge