I am not really looking to get kicked silly but really dont think it would be a huge issue either as once I sight it in and shoot it at various yardages to see where it actually hits I wont be shooting it much, maybe two or three times a year if I am lucky enough to get a shot at a deer.Plus I dont think it would be any worse than the 12 gauge turkey loads out of a pump 870 shotgun ! In addition by the time I add scope mounts and a 10 ounce scope(either Leupold 4x or 6 x,plus 4 or 5 rounds of ammo(bout an ounce a round) and a sling and swivels(5 to 8 ounces) ,I will have added between 1-1/2 and 2 pounds to the base weight of the rifle.Plus I have a fondness for the little stretch ammo carriers that fit on your buttstock to carry an extra 5 rounds or so of ammo.I like them because the rifle and ammo are all one package and I could just grab the rifle and have ammo to hunt with even if I was dumb enough to forget and leave ammo box at home.I always leave the ammo in the loops of the ammo carrier and then load the gun when I go hunting so that 5 ounces or so is in reality for me an integeral part of the rifle weight.
SO the reality of it (for me and the way I hunt anyway)even if I start with a Rifle that weighs 6 pounds by the time I add everything else to it I am talking about at least 8 pounds and probably a little more.

Last edited by bcraig; 08/20/10.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money