Originally Posted by atkinsonhunting
No, I don't need to read anybodys post on 2700 FPS out of a 20 inch barrel with 300 gr. bullets in a 375 Ruger, nor do I need to rethink it...I have a chronograph and I have done the tests, I know where the pressure indications are with that caliber and barrel length..I also know that you can do it, but I know its excessive any way you cut it..I can get 2800 out of a 375 H&H but its simply too hot a load. If you or anyone wants to load at that pressure thats your business but I refuse to do it, nor will I recommend it to someone else..
...........All well and good. But RL17 does have lower pressure curves. If the casings don`t show any of the usual pressure signs and the bolt lift is ok too, then more velocity is an option under those circumstances. Each individual rifle has its own tolerance for max loadings.

Even though you wish not to test or "re-think" other components (bullet and powder) that you "have not" previously tried, such as Gatehouse`s 375 Ruger Alaskan RL17 loadings using the 300 gr Nosler, it is nevertheless a fact, that when components are changed, there can also be velocity upswings.

Is there any real practical need for that small an increase in the field? Nope, not in the least!

But nevertheless, it can still be done.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger