I would say above average mainly because of his body size. There are some bigger racks for sure but in a few years if Steve can continue managing the ranch and not over hunt it this should be 'average'. He's planning on taking 10 bucks per year and that's it. He's piped water to remote areas where there was no water when he got there. The entire ranch is 20,000 acres with 8,000 being BLM. After hunting it I know now why he's as particular as he is to make sure people don't get on the BLM land as there are pieces mixed into the ranch. I was under the impression originally that the BLM was adjacent and could only be gotten to via trespassing the ranch. Quite a bit is landlocked so this allows the deer to be protected from being overhunted by the public tag folks. He said that a couple weeks back he saw one that was body wise this big if not bigger and had a 28-30" rack. I didn't see him but we drove through that area after I'd killed and saw the rump of a deer as it took off that was huge. There are a lot of younger 4x4 that don't have the size this one did but most should be around next year when they'll be bigger. This one had over a 1/2" of fat under the skin on his frame. Plus fat in the back by the rumps, etc. There are no cattle run on the rear part of the ranch due to the mountains being what they are. So essentially this is all for the deer and nobody bothers them making it virtually a game preserve. Not sure how many acres but we drove several miles through it.