This year, I opted to leave the hind leg bones in, but everything else got packed. I wouldn't have done that on a bigger bull. It was a 2 1/2 year old bull and only about 240 pounds of meat. First trip was 110 lbs (weighed) with meat, gear and rifle. Next two trips were about 90 each (estimated) with minimal gear. Antlers didn't amount to much on this bull, except when I still managed to wedge myself between a couple trees -- my buddy thought that was funnier than hell smile.

Last year was a much bigger bull and it took 4 heavy trips, but that was for over 300 lbs of meat (no bone!) and cape and antlers.

It's always a struggle to decide on an extra trip and keep them easier, but I pretty much always end up opting for heavier loads and fewer trips.

BTW, I carry a couple game bags (use heavy laundry bags that I get from Walmart) AND a queen size flat sheet with me at all times -- and a knife sharpener, amongst other things. The sheet is for throwing boned meat onto and helps a bunch to keep things clean. It can also work as an extra game bag in a pinch.

Plan for success!