I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I am the president of Water Station, a non-profit group that establishes and maintains emergency water sites in California.

What we do not do is guide or help anyone in crossing the border, provide assistance in finding work, shelter or hide anyone who has crossed the border. What we do is leave water along some of the desert trails that people use.

We have permits from the BLM and California State Parks, as well as other agencies and landowners with jurisdiction, and we maintain an excellent working relationship with the U.S. Border Patrol. We just completed our eleventh year working in San Diego & Imperial Counties.

It amuses me when I see the hypocrisy of people who claim to believe in Conservative principles, but who advocate vandalizing our stations. One of the main tenets of Conservatism is a respect for private property and yet here they are advocating the destruction of our private property.

If you have any questions (even one you might think are difficult), I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben