Originally Posted by Hubert
actual shipping is up to the PO not the seller. any Idiot can calculate the shipping as you know their zip and hopefully know your own.all you need is the weight and size of the package which you can figure out pretty close you will only be a few dollars off.
Right, BUT there are a lot -- and I mean a LOT -- of unscrupulous "sellers" who are angling at making a dollar off of everything. If the gun sells below their target price, then they want to roll that loss into the cost of shipping the gun. And these same people are ALWAYS vague about the actual cost when questioned before bidding. They won't divulge the size or weight of the box and it's guaran-damn-teed that whatever you estimated as a cost will be WAYYYYYYYYY off their stated cost. One example is Marty Mabry of Fort Worth, Texas. (He's a perennial Gunbroker "seller.") That prick wanted $40 to ship an 8-pound rifle a distance of 180 miles. I estimated it shouldn't weigh over 12 pounds and have a package dimension of over 52" x 12" x 8" and would be insured for $800 which would cost (at the time) a maximum of $21 from UPS (his preferred means of shipping). When I pressed him on the discrepancy in prices, he agreed that my figure was correct, but he had to pay someone to pack the rifle for him, buy the box, etc. No thanks.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.