I've had all 3,bought my 1100 mag at 15years old in 1970 30" full choke vent rib. Took awhile to learn how to maintain it for reliability.Clean chamber, mag tube and rings lightly lubed with the right lube(Hoppes spay MDL) and a clean recoil spring and housing would let it function with handicap trap loads pretty good but you have to stay right on top of it. The 2 3/4" 1100 barrel had 2 gas ports to function lighter loads but the Mag only has 1. My Mag was good with 1 1/4oz Express loads,short and long mags. I say again you need to keep on the maintenance hard especially in cold weather. No problem back then to pickup a 2 3/4" barrel with a mod choke and rib and put it on the Mag receiver either.NO LUBE DURING COLD WEATHER.As the use of steel came in they offered a barrel for the use of steel loads(different porting)

The 11-87 Light Contour model would function with 1 oz target loads to 2oz turkey loads no problem via the pressure compensating ring system they put in. The gun came in a green plastic case which needs to be put in a closet immediately(wears the finish) , was furnished with Rm chokes and would handle any and all steel loads I used in it. Again you need to stay on top of the maintenance end of the chamber,gas operating system with the right lube or none at all during real cold weather.The recoil spring and housing in the butt also needs a once a year clean out and light lube. The reg. model 11-87 weighed about 1 lb more and was a club compared to the 26" bareled Light- Contour model.

My first Beneli came in the winter of 94 a 24" Montefeltro model light and responsive but swung way to fast with the 24" barrel. Shot a lot of low gun skeet back then and 1500 rds of ammo thru it after buying it in Jan to the end of May. Struggled to slow up my swing with that short barrel. No reliabity problems what so ever. One day I walked into my favorite gunshop and they had just received the first wood stock M-1 Benelli Super 90's a 26" and 28" barreled models .I picked the 26" one out of the rack and only had to mount and swing it a couple of times before I asked the owner if he would consider a Montefeltro on trade he did and we did. I got the Monte on sale cheap and like new after paying boot to get the M-1 I was only into it for $675,normally then they ran$850.The M-1 had a shorter magazine and a high pitched rib supplied with 5 choke tubes. I cleaned the packing lube out of it and relubed where needed. Went 1200 rds before 1 failure to cycle. Couple drops of oil on the bolt rails and cleaned the chamber and lock lug recesses away it went. the Benelli system of course is a short spring recoil inertia system(inside the bolt) whereas the Remingtons were both gas operated.You keep a M-1 clean and it gives full service reliability. The Benellis also came with spacers to adjust the stock drop, never had to change mine as it fit great for me.I shot a lot of skeet ,sporting clays back then and have campaigned 4 different dogs with it in the field taking many grouse,pheasant waterfowl and other things with it. I think it has close to 20,000 rounds thru it and still shoots well for me.They need a cleaning ever now and then including the recoil spring ,recoil buffer,& recoil spring housing.

I also shoot M-11 rem and A-5's but you didn't ask bout them. Get either the 11-87 Light Contour or step up to a Benelli M-1 or M-2 Magnum Man