I have 4 of the Remingtons in the family. My 1100 was bought in the 70s when I was a teenager hunting doves and quail in Mississippi. My 1187 was bought in the late 80s and has been used hard hunting ducks and geese in the northeast. I have an 1187 supermag that is also used on waterfowl. When my daughter started waterfowl hunting I bought her an 1187 LC and had it cut down to fit her. All have been dependable and trouble free. I can't honestly say they've never malfunctioned but I don't remember one. I am however one who takes very good care on maintenance and I don't use light loads in the 1187s. My longtime hunting partner went with one of the Super Black Eagles when they first came out. I can tell you he had malfunctions when we shared blinds. He did in fact eventually sell it and went to an 1187 supermag and has not had any problems. I tried his SBE and didn't really like it, but that opinion may be shaded by a lifetime of using the Remingtons. As another post stated the shotguns are the only Remingtons I care to own. I know today's hunters are favoring the Benelli's and it's popular to bash the Remingtons but I prefer them and don't ever plan on buying a Benelli.