It makes a difference, sacrificing strentgh for weight savings is a step in the wrong direction for a hunting pack. I suspected the lack of a 6500 meant the load hauling will be compromised slightly. 87lbs is good but what about 100+ or 125 over 15-20 miles and awkward like 60% strapped externally to your camp. I dont think I can get 7-10days + game into 5200 anyway and am sure I wont be able to justify the premium for a pack I can only use for 3-6 day hunts based on how my hunts seem to go. I am a little skeptical but hopeful too, nice to see someone shaving away everything but the bag and a few straps. I just dont think this is the UL Hunt pack for me yet. Cant wait to see one though.....ahem.....Alaska_Lanche, im talking to you:) Looks like a sweet packrafting setup!

I will be watching for those used G2 LHG's to hit the classifieds. smile

Likely these werent meant to replace LHG's but fill a gap somewhere else and jump into the UL market, im sure they will be a hit and depending on where they are priced I might end up with one in my gear pile, time will tell.

Last edited by Fishkilla; 12/11/10.

Ahh, nice marmot