Originally Posted by Tonk
Well I suppose one can not argue long against the success some have shown with their .260 caliber rifles. I once also took an elk under perfect conditions with a 25/06 but that rifle will never accompany me to the rocky mountains again for hunting elk, speed goats yes but elk no. I will stay with my chose caliber and that is the .338 diameter bullets going out of a .338/06 or my .338 Win mag.

is a 260 an ideal elk round? no prolly not but with one in hand i wouldnt hesitate to go after elk......with good bullets it has no problem punching through an elks vitals and that is what matters....if you prefer to use a 338 have at it, ive got a 338-06 i would prolly use more if it didnt weight over 9 pounds ready to hunt....i really didnt think that build out to well crazy thinking i need to get either one of the Ruger Africans in 9.3x62 or get a long actioned Kimber and rebarrel it to such for my "big" rifle....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books