Ok..my wife's Aunt gave me the above described shotgun and said she wanted me to give it to my oldest son when he was old enough. This was originally my Wife's Grandfather's shotgun but her Aunt and Uncle never had children so she gave it to us.

It had a lot of surface rust but I've finally gotten it all with elbow grease and 0000 Steel.The bluing is now in great shape....I'd say 95% up from about 60%. I've disassembled and gotten all the internals as well. The barrel was already in great shape.

Anyway....my question is concerning the stock. There are the normal bumps and bruises of course for a gun of this age but what concerns me is the plastic butt plate is turning white and it looks like there is some water damage on one side of the butt stock.

I plan on getting this in better shape and then giving it to one of the Grandsons who happens to be a LEO here and a really good young man. I think he will appreciate receiving his Grandfathers shotgun.

So...I don't want to "restore" this shotgun. I really just want to stabilize any deterioration before giving it to him. Any suggestions for the butt plate and stock?

Thanks

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"