Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Redneck usually gives good advice and I'd trust him about the slight refinishing and tung oil suggestions .....

But twas me if I had the time, I'd try to to locate a "new" (and factory-stock) butt plate to replace the miscolored or damaged one. If you're trying to keep that antique .410 original, doubt the cost for a genuine replacement butt plate would be that much.

My first shotgun was a .410 M370. I HATE single-shot .410's!

But Model 37's in good shape are indeed heirlooms or collectors' pieces. GOOD LUCK!
Before I posted I tried briefly, online, to find an original buttplate for his shotgun.. At the time, I had no luck - hence the advice above.. I'm glad to find out that it could be cleaned up instead.

I still have my M37 in .410 - first firearm I ever got as a kid at the tender age of ten.. Price at the time was $39.95.. Since it had been well used, and a little beat up, I used that firearm as one of my first refinishing chores when I started this biz.. Reblued, wood refinished etc..

If anyone happens to have one of these in 28 ga., better put it in a safe.. Those babies are bringin' HUGE bux... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!