Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Benelli exhibition shooter Tom Knapp amazes me. That guy chews up 12 gauge ammo like nobody I've seen, yet he remains cool as a cucumber. How long can it last?

I had a Sako rifle in caliber 30-378 Weatherby mag that would draw some stern looks at the club range. The club president (RIP) called it a cannon. He could tell when I was shooting from inside the clubhouse situated 200 yards off the firing line. Firing the thing left me with a "stunned" feeling and headache that lasted a couple hours. It was a beast! Oddly, I wish I still had that gun, if for nothing else but the WOW! factor. My 300 RUM is nowhere near as fierce.

I am pretty sure that for exhibition shooting Mr. Knapp is using 1oz or at most 1 1/8 oz loads. I can shoot these a lot as well but a dozen or more shots with 1 9/16 ounces of steel shot or 1 3/4 oz of hevi shot? I think my days of doing this are over. Lots and lots of ducks killed with lesser loads anyway. My Pastor and good hunting buddy Owen Frost uses a 20ga for ducks and does really well. Thinking 1 1/8 oz of steel 3's should do just fine for 99% of the ducks I shoot at. Save the big loads for the rare shot at a goose. Actually thiking of selling my semi famous custom 416 Rigby. Love it, but a 9lb 9.3x62 or a double in 9.3x74 might just keep me in the game longer.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500