I got a severe concussion on Labor Day. I was going hunting to an area I use a mountain bike to reach. I was riding down the mountain on a loaded bike when I had a TIA, also called a "mini-stroke", and couldn't remember how to ride the bike. My right side did not exist as far as I knew. I had the rifle slung across my back with the barrel behind my left shoulder and the butt on the right. Things rapidly went haywire. I hit the ground on my right side and the butt slammed into the ground which caused the barrel to slam into the back of my head. I came to sliding through the gravel with the barrel holding my head down and my right arm out in front grinding away on the gravel. Thought I would never stop sliding!

I have been slow to recover. I started feeling better around Christmas and I shot a rifle silhouette match last Saturday. I shoot mild loads in a 7mm-08, 140's at 2600 fps, 40 rounds plus sighters. I had a headache and felt horrible for the next two days. I suspect the jarring from the recoil was enough to aggravate the concussion.