Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Raj
Mr Ingwe,you had mentioned that your customer feedback on the new 70's has been good.Also that you have now purchased one for yourself.
Is the wood on the new supergrade worth the extra over the regular sporter models?.
Are the action and barrels made in the SC plant?.
Do the African safari rifles also come with the MOA trigger.
Do all their models come with a plastic follower or do some come with a steel follower.
What are things on this rifle that make you chose this over a pre-64 model.Thank you.

Raj- sorry it took so long for reply...I'll try to andwer your questions in order...
1. The wood on the new Supergrade is not, IMO worth the extra, plus...the metal is a high gloss...not my cup-o-tea..
2.Actions and barrels are made in SC by FN
3.African Model does comes with MOA trigger as far as I know...and the jury is still out on that trigger...
4.My .22-250 Fwt. has a metal follower
5.Things that made me choose it over pre-64...I too think a little waxing nostalgic goes on with a pre-64...they are excellent rifles, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they have a leg up on a few others. Customer feedback was my big decision, it has been universally excellent, even, or I should say especially, amongst those who own both the SC rifles, and pre-64s...

Mr Ingwe,thank you very much for answering my question.Appreciate all the valuable info.
Thanks to all you gentleman who have come forward with all the info.
Is it possible to switch this trigger to a Timney/Jewell if needs be.Or is it still new and these companies have not come out with an aftermarket trigger?.
Have others had the problem that Battue has had with the trigger.