Originally Posted by Palmetto
Gonna load up e ough tonight for a 200 yard ladder test in my 24" FN PBR. Found a bunch on a super sale and got a few 100. Sounds like a dood 500 yards bullet for general hogs and yotes and deer.
I have win brass, federal, and hornady. Would rather use the win. Have plenty of different powder and primers, but really wanna use varget if it will give me the speed and accuracy i'm looking for. I'm gonna load this batch to max mag length. I've got no use for single shot bolt guns.
Anyone have any good data or source I can get online?
Also how many loads do you guys usually shoot in a ladder test.
Scope is a 5-20 Trijicon with a mil dot type reticle. For accuracy testing I guess I would be best to try and shoot at max power. My eyes are crappy as well so I need all the mag I can get.
Thanks. I'm about to start prepping this brass.
Gun is shooting 1/2 moa at 200 with factory win 150 cheapo power points, but I'm almost out of those and they aren't doing great at 300. Groups really spread out much past 200. I'm really looking for a max 500 yard load.
............Here`s a suggestion as what ya do. Like I did for my 300 WSM, go to the Berger site and get their e-mail address. In an e/mail to them, request all VLD loading data for the 308. They`ll send you back a bunch of loadings in all VLD weights using a bunch of powders. They also give you COALs.

And as I remember, they have a phone # listed too.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger