Mathman,

Thank you for the well wishes.

I was absolutely not criticizing your load. Just passing that along in case the next guy who reads this thread is not using like componants. I have about 6 308s around here that I load for, most are min spec saami or match chambers no factory chambers though. I have built 3 or 5 more for others that I did load work for. I use LC brass for most, Lapua for some, and win for a couple, very few if any of my rifles or my builds will take 46 grains without loosening primer pockets. That does not mean it is not perfectly safe in your rifle, or will not work in the OPs rifle.

I was just passing along my experiance with what I think is about best 308 load I have ever seen. For some reason it seems that when you reach max with this load things get hot fast. Like going from mildly hot to hot as heck with just .5 or 1 grain more powder. I am not stating the 46grs is a dangerous load, by any means.

I test most of my personal 308 loads by running 22 shots down range at a pretty measured pace to simulate shooting f-class matches. That may also be some of the reason for my hesitation and differeing experiance with it. You leave a round cooking in a real hot chamber for a minute or two waiting on your condition to return it will sometimes get a quite a bit hotter, even with a pretty temp stable powder.

You did get me wondering what QL would say about the 46gr load. Bout 66K PSI with a 2.8 coal is what it estimated but you know it is just an computer simulated educated guess and lots of variables can effect that. I knowingly run loads hotter that that on occassion and it does not mean that your load is reaching that pressure.