rem....I saw my first .350 back in the 1960s when I was just a skinny teenager... Bought a 700 BDL 30-06 instead of the 600 because all the gun writes said it kicked too much...like that 06 didn't kick the snot out of me... Wish I had bought the 600 and shot pistol bullets through it as I was shooting .357 Magnum at the time...would have been a natural pair... "Barrels too short, too much muzzle blast..." and I bought all that crap....

Took me till about 1990 to buy my first .350, a Classic, and then finally found a deal on a 600 about 2002 or so...still the slickest, raciest, sexiest carbine ever made.... :-)

257...hard to beat a .308.... I spent 11 years working and hunting in Texas and if I ever moved back there I'ld look at the .308 or .260 Remington on a short action or the .25-06 or .257 Weatherby on a long... When I lived there most of the hunting was done with a 700 .280 Remington...

Bob

ps...rem...if you don't want your cheek slapped (as bad) get a scope that can be mounted as low as possible. The 1.5-5 Leupold on a Weaver base with Leupold Low QRW rings will lower the centerline of the scope so you can get a better cheekweld....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....