Have 3 of them - 2 in 7x57 (Luxus and Professional) and a 30.06 Professional Mk3 - Steyr's plastic stocked matt finish sort of beater rifle.

Older models were the SL, L , M , S (lightweight, light, medium and large(er) actions) and the military/police SSG versions-longer actions and heavy barrels. These have multiple bolt lugs at the back of the action.

Newer models are the SBS (safe bolt action) ProHunters with the tang rotary safety. All have hammer forged barrels with the spiral hammer marks left as a sort of trademark. Bolt lockup is at front of these.

I think the Euro market will buy more expensive rifles so Steyr has their core buyers there. The USA is a smaller market so shops don't usually carry many unless they specialize along with the price tag.

I have found the USA importers parts and smith very accomodating and real enthusiasts.

I feel the ProHunters are a little heavy for .308 and lighter calibers though the weight makes them shoot great even offhand. Steyr has there own lightweight versions, Gunbroker always has a few for sale.

I suppose the attraction is the pride of ownership of a firearm you don't see often along with nice workmanship...and mine shoot great!