I bought a Mossgerg 20 gauge and use the factory full choke with Federal flight control 5 shot. I have a 40 yard pattern, no joke. A little better choke should make a little better improvement; I recommend a smooth extended.

I shoot the federal flight control wad high velocity lead 3.5" out of my Mossberg 835. The stock choke was not great, I then tried a more open choke like they recommend, and it was the same or worse. Finally I tried a Carlson smooth .675 (I think) and it is great.

I also shoot the flight control wad high velocity lead 3" out of my 500 12 gauge with a factory extra full non extended choke with great results.

4 shot has been giving me as good of a long range pattern in my 12 gauges so I opt for the heavier bb. I chose 5 shot for the 20 gauge for more bb's due to the 1 5.16 oz shot.

I am thinking about trying magnum heavy loads in the 12 gauge versus the current high velocity loads to maybe improve my pattern density. Less velocity but more bb's and subsonic I believe. 4 shot or back to the high velocity.