[/quote]Have you tried them in the ported chokes? I have and they work great. Again, nothing to worry about. They are one of the best performing turkey loads I've used. [quote]

I have used them in several different guns and chokes in both ported and unported chokes. They shoot much better in unported chokes. I use Win supreme's, mag blends, and Nitro's(my preferred) in my guns now and with ported chokes they shoot significantly better than the Fed with Flight Control Wads. I will be patterning some Fed's tomorrow in a gun for my Dad with a non ported choke and I'll report back.

I now prefer Nitro's in my main turkey gun and used to avoid them for the reason that most guys do, they cost too much. However, I then realized that I spend hundreds if not thousands every year chasing birds and very little of that money actually helps me kill turkeys. I buy new clothes, calls, decoys, blinds, etc every year and they are nice but they don't do much that my current (i.e last years) stuff does. I have killed birds for a long time with the same old equipment. The Nitro's though, add a really tangible difference to you ability to kill turkeys. It extends your range at which you are able to kill a turkey. I have shot birds at 50 plus yds with other loads before and I have also missed them at that range with other loads. With the nitro's there is no doubt that the load will perform well enough if you do your part. When you can put 250 plus pellets in a circle at 40 yds every time it makes a difference. The cost is roughly $50 more for 10 shots than plain lead loads and $30 more than premium type loads. I don't know about you but for me, $30-50 more per season to ensure that I don't go home empty handed is money well spent. Some will argue with me and that's fine. It's just my opinion. I chase turkeys is 6-7 states every spring and I like every advantage I can get.
Lee