CZ 550's are pretty nice rifles. With a little TLC they can be made even nicer. The one I had a 9,3x62 had the Schweinsrucken or hog back Bavarian style comb which you can either like or dislike. The bolt handle caused some clearance problems with some scopes with wider objectives. The rings that were easily available were higher than I liked. So a couple gripes but it shot quite well as I beleive that most CZ's usually do.

Some people love the Steyr Pro-hunters styling, some loathe it. One thing is for certain they SHOOT! Steyr's tend to be among the most accurate rifles out of the box that you can buy. I have 3 Steyr 308's, all have shot multiple 3/4" 3shot groups at 200yds with hunting ammo including the Scouts which have pencil thin barrels. They are very accurate rifles indeed. I like the tang safety with the extra bolt-locking stop and find it easy and convenient to use in the field.

I'd gladly hunt with either rifle but of the two my preference would be for the Steyr given it's shorter bolt throw, safety and excellent accuracy..............................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................